Click Enroll in Curriculum to register in the curriculum first
PHSA New Employee Required Training Curriculum - Clinical Care
New employees are required to complete this curriculum within their first week of work. Please note that this is NOT the paid PHSA New Hire Orientation Curriculum.
Please complete this curriculum if you are an employee who provides direct clinical care. If your role is in non-direct care, please complete this curriculum instead: https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Courses/17070/phsa-new-employee-required-training-curriculum-non-clinical-care
New Employees providing direct clinical care.
1. Violence Prevention: Introduction to Violence Prevention
2. Violence Prevention: Recognize Risks and Behaviours
3. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 1 - Complete Point-of-Care Risk Assessments
5. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 1 - Perform De-escalation Communication
6. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 2 - Perform De-escalation Strategies
7. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 3 - Determine When and How to Get Help
8. Violence Prevention: Report and Communicate Post-Incident
Infection Prevention and Control Practices for Direct/Professional Clinical Care Providers
WHMIS 1988 (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
WHMIS 2015 - Provincial Course