Click Enroll in Curriculum to register in the curriculum first
SPECO ( curriculum )
Student Practice Education Core Orientation or SPECO (curriculum) is required education that all students take prior to their practicum placements in BC Health Authorities.
- Enroll in Curriculum button to receive a list of courses to complete. You must enroll into the curriculum for a curriculum completion record.
- Download the SPECO Checklist and manually record completion of the pre-requisites.
- Use the SPECO Checklist as a guide and SPECO Certificate as verification record and submit both to your school. The Certificate will become available once all courses are completed. It will be emailed to you as well as it is available in your Learning History of your Learning Hub account.
Note: There are options within the Infection Control course, depending on role and/or setting. Use the Checklist as a guide.
Health Authority staff attending post-secondary programs also need to complete this education.
- Employees should enroll in the SPECO (curriculum), and take courses that are not 'complete' or require renewal.
Students, faculty, residents and health authority staff attending a post-secondary program that requires a student practicum placement.
Recommended Web Browser: Google Chrome
You must enroll into the curriculum for a curriculum completion record.
Introduction to Student Practice
1. Violence Prevention: Introduction to Violence Prevention
2. Violence Prevention: Recognize Risks and Behaviours
3. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 1 - Complete Point-of-Care Risk Assessments
4. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 2 - Develop Behavioural Care Plans
5. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 1 - Perform De-escalation Communication
6. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 2 - Perform De-escalation Strategies
7. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 3 - Determine When and How to Get Help
8. Violence Prevention: Report and Communicate Post-Incident
Provincial Code Red - Fire Safety Training (Acute & Long Term Care Facilities)
Infection Prevention and Control for Students
Waste Management Basics Learning Module (Online)
WHMIS - Provincial Course
Code Silver - Active Attacker
Hazardous Drugs Safety for Students
For questions about SPECO content and requirements, please reach out to the course contact.
Technical Difficulties: The answers to many common questions can be found on the LearningHub Info + Help Site. Need more help? Submit a Support Ticket through the 'Learner Support' button. http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca/contact