Click Enroll in Curriculum to register in the curriculum first
Provincial Violence Prevention for Medium and High Risk Departments - 8 Modules
Ensure your education is accurately tracked! Go to MY PROFILE, select VERIFY EMPLOYMENT STATUS and follow the prompts to enter your Employee ID. Afterwards, in MY PROFILE, replace your personal email with your health authority email.
New version of Violence Prevention Courses for Medium and High Risk Departments.
Module 9 is no longer a requirement.
All healthcare employees in Medium and High Risk Departments who are expected to deliver care (e.g., nurses, therapists, aides), or work in areas that deliver care (e.g., unit clerks).
1. Violence Prevention: Introduction to Violence Prevention
2. Violence Prevention: Recognize Risks and Behaviours
3. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 1 - Complete Point-of-Care Risk Assessments
4. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 2 - Develop Behavioural Care Plans
5. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 1 - Perform De-escalation Communication
6. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 2 - Perform De-escalation Strategies
7. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 3 - Determine When and How to Get Help
8. Violence Prevention: Report and Communicate Post-Incident