Click Enroll in Curriculum to register in the curriculum first
Provincial Violence Prevention for Medium and High Risk Departments - 8 Modules
Ensure your education is accurately tracked! Go to MY PROFILE, select VERIFY EMPLOYMENT STATUS and follow the prompts to enter your Employee ID. Afterwards, in MY PROFILE, replace your personal email with your health authority email.
New version of Violence Prevention Courses for Medium and High Risk Departments.
Module 9 is no longer a requirement.
For the 7 module (Low Risk) Curriculum, please refer to the Provincial Violence Prevention for Low Risk Departments - 7 Modules Curriculum
Please note: If you are retaking this curriculum, please first select "Enroll in Curriculum", and then, open each course by selecting the course title to register.
All healthcare employees in Medium and High Risk Departments who are expected to deliver care (e.g., nurses, therapists, aides), or work in areas that deliver care (e.g., unit clerks). Please note: BCEHS and CHS employees with PHSA will need to register for the PVPC curriculum that has been aligned with their operational practices (PVPC-B for Paramedics and PVPC-C for Correctional Health Services)
|3 hrs 30 mins|
Please ensure to Enroll into the Curriculum and not just the individual courses for an overall Curriculum completion.
1. Violence Prevention: Introduction to Violence Prevention
2. Violence Prevention: Recognize Risks and Behaviours
3. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 1 - Complete Point-of-Care Risk Assessments
4. Violence Prevention: Assess and Plan: Part 2 - Develop Behavioural Care Plans
5. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 1 - Perform De-escalation Communication
6. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 2 - Perform De-escalation Strategies
7. Violence Prevention: Respond to the Risk: Part 3 - Determine When and How to Get Help
8. Violence Prevention: Report and Communicate Post-Incident
PHSA Violence Prevention