Intro to Gender Diversity
This introductory Trans Care BC training is designed for care providers, care teams, and staff working with transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse individuals accessing their services.
This training explores:
- Key terms and concepts related to gender diversity
- Simple strategies for creating accessible and affirming services
This course is a shorter version of the course 'Intro to Gender Diversity - Expanded'. Therefore, it is recommended that learners only take one of the two courses. If you work directly with clients/patients on a recurring basis, we encourage you to take the expanded course at: https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Courses/8141/
Web Browser recommendations for taking this course:
- Use a modern web browser, as older web browsers may experience technical difficulties.
- Allow your web browser to open new tabs (windows) when clicking on external links. Otherwise, do not click external links within the course.
- When you have completed your course, LearningHub may take 10-15 minutes to register your course as completed and provide a completion certificate. If you complete the course and after 1 hour LearningHub does not register it as completed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All support tools featured in this course can be found on the Trans Care BC education web pages.
Support Tools Link: http://www.phsa.ca/transcarebc/health-professionals/education/trans-intro
NOTE: The title of this course has recently changed. It was previously called 'Intro to Working with Transgender Clients'.
Staff working in health care, mental health, and social work services