Intro to Gender Diversity
This introductory Trans Care BC training is designed for care providers, care teams, and staff working with transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse individuals accessing their services.
This training explores:
- Key terms and concepts related to gender diversity
- Simple strategies for creating accessible and affirming services
This course is a shorter version of the course 'Intro to Gender Diversity - Expanded'. Therefore, it is recommended that learners only take one of the two courses. If you work directly with clients/patients on a recurring basis, we encourage you to take the expanded course at: https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Courses/8141/
Web Browser recommendations for taking this course:
- Use a modern web browser, as older web browsers may experience technical difficulties.
- Allow your web browser to open new tabs (windows) when clicking on external links. Otherwise, do not click external links within the course.
- When you have completed your course, LearningHub may take 10-15 minutes to register your course as completed and provide a completion certificate. If you complete the course and after 1 hour LearningHub does not register it as completed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All support tools featured in this course can be found on the Trans Care BC education web pages.
Support Tools Link: http://www.phsa.ca/transcarebc/health-professionals/education/trans-intro
Staff working in health care, mental health, and social work services
NOTE: Due to LearningHub LMS system's provincial parameters, this course will become limited to individuals within British Columbia within the coming month. If you find you are unable to register for the course, Trans Care BC is offering long term and short term options:
Long term option:
Short term option:
You can access the one-click access course here: