Intro to Gender Diversity - Expanded
This introductory Trans Care BC training is designed for care providers, care teams, and staff working with transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse individuals accessing their services.
This training explores:
- Key terms and concepts related to gender diversity
- Barriers to care that gender diverse people commonly face
- Simple strategies for creating accessible and affirming services
This is an expanded version of the course 'Intro to Gender Diversity'. Therefore, it is recommended that learners only take one of the two courses.
Web Browser recommendations for taking this course:
- Use a modern web browser, as older web browsers may experience technical difficulties.
- Allow your web browser to open new tabs (windows) when clicking on external links. Otherwise, do not click external links within the course.
- When you have completed your course, LearningHub may take 10-15 minutes to register your course as completed and provide a completion certificate. If you complete the course and after 1 hour LearningHub does not register it as completed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All support tools featured in this course can be found on the Trans Care BC education web pages.
Support Tools Link: http://www.phsa.ca/transcarebc/health-professionals/education/trans-intro
NOTE: The title of this course has recently changed. It was previously called 'Exploring Gender Diversity'.
Public service providers, support staff, and students.