ACCU-CHEK® Inform II Glucose Meter/Glucometer (Online)
This course is part of the annual competency requirements for all Fraser Health staff, nursing students and physicians using the ACCU-CHEK® Inform II Glucose Meter.
New users, including staff who have not met the practical requirement of running 5 patients and 2 Quality Control tests within a year, are required to complete the lesson and the quiz and, from a Fraser Health networked computer, submit the Glucose Meter Access Request Form. Within 1-3 business days of electronic submission of the form, they will be activated in the database.
Nursing students are required to complete the lesson and the quiz at their educational institute. They will complete a paper copy of the Glucose Meter Access Request Form, which will be stored at the educational institute.
Staff who have met the annual competency renewal requirement of running 5 patients and 2 Quality Control tests over the course of the year are required to review the lesson and write the quiz, BUT ARE NOT REQUIRED to submit the Glucose Meter Access Request Form. Your authorization happens automatically.
Upon completion of this e-learning module the learner will be able to:
- Locate the components of the Accu-Chek Inform II system and describe the function of each component.
- Describe the process and required frequency for cleaning and disinfection of the system.
- Identify FHA approved lancets for capillary collection.
- Describe how to perform a Quality Control test and a patient test.
- Recognize critical results and when results are beyond the accurate testing range of the device.
- Describe how operator behaviours, physiological changes and technical limitations of the test method can influence glucose results.
- Describe how to proceed when the patient’s glucose result is not as expected or the glucose meter is not performing as expected.
|No end date|
Fraser Health staff, nursing students and physicians.