Click Enroll in Curriculum to register in the curriculum first
Mastering Difficult Conversations
This course is designed to enhance foundational communication skills for the new or experienced Medical Leaders and delivered in 2 sessions.
CPD Credits - 7.0 MOC credits/ 7 Mainpro+ credits (must attend both sessions to be eligible):
Session One: Fundamentals of Feedback / Difficult Conversations Fundamentals: 3.5 hours
- Build awareness of the leadership conversations you are having and not having;
- Recognize the mindsets and beliefs that support or hinder effective conversations;
- Use a conversation tool to increase comfort holding difficult and/or feedback conversations.
Session Two: Enhanced Leadership Skills for Difficult / Feedback Conversations: 3.5 hours
- Acknowledge others through conversation to influence better results;
- Use coaching questions to empower others and enhance critical thinking;
- Apply multiple levels of listening to enhance trust and performance.
While the specific date and time for the next class have yet to be finalized, we are pleased to announce that the registration process is now open at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LDcourseMDC
Medical Staff leaders in Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (& Providence Health) clinical departments as described within the Medical Staff Rules & overseen by the Medical Advisory Committee.