Online Street Degree - First responder Collaboration
This online learning module is intended for anyone who wants to learn more about first responder collaboration and handing over care in overdose responses. It is designed for peers and other people working on the frontlines at overdose prevention sites, supervised consumption sites and/or in outreach.
Participants will learn:
- What tools BCEHS and Fire use on an emergency call
- How to identify themselves as a trained peer responder
- What details are needed when handing over care to other first responders (like BCEHS and Fire)
- What physical care handover looks like (from peer to BCEHS) including BVM and CPR
- About the team approach and team roles involved in an overdose response
This course has been developed with and features the experience of peers - people with lived and living experience of substance use - who work at overdose prevention sites in Vancouver.
People who work in harm reduction and overdose response.
(If you are working toward an in-person Street Degree in Vancouver and want Online Street Degree courses added to your records, please email a copy of your certificate(s) to OverdoseResponse@vch.ca)