Click Enroll in Curriculum to register in the curriculum first
Pandemic Immunizers: Midwives (Retired)
Welcome to the COVID-19 Pandemic Immunization Certification course for Retired Midwives! Completing this education will prepare you to provide COVID-19 vaccines in Island Health.
Before providing COVID-19 vaccine immunizations, all Midwives are required to meet the education outlined in the Provincial Health Officer Order: Regulated and Unregulated Health Professionals SARS-CoV-2 Immunization Order – March 24, 2021.
Note: Unregulated Midwives (students and those retired >3 years) "must be supervised by a registrant who is authorized under a health profession regulation, and competent, to perform the Immunization Activity" to meet the Provincial Health Officer (PHO orders). You will have onsite supervision at each of your immunization clinic shifts.
- Refer to the BC Immunization Manual for the best practice guidelines to direct the provision of immunization services, with a particular focus on Part 3 - Management of Anaphylaxis in a Non-Hospital Setting and the COVID-19 vaccine specific resources contained in Part 4 – Biological Products :
- Complete the courses in this curriculum (Click on Enroll in Curriculum button on top left of this page).
- Print the following:
- Education Checklist: Midwives (Active, Retired and Students)
- Your First Day Orientation Checklist
- Check the boxes as you complete the course and bring the completed hardcopy checklist to the immunization evaluator (i.e., an experienced Pandemic Immunizer) at your first immunization shift; they will sign and date it and keep it in your file. This ensures you will get paid for completing this education.
- Demonstrate your skills and competency with the immunization evaluator at your first shift, using the BCCDC COVID-19 Immunization Skills Checklist
- All immunizers are able to safely administer COVID-19 vaccines.
- All immunization staff are able to discuss concerns, misconceptions and questions that clients may have (e.g., issues that clients raise during the consent process).
- All Immunization staff are competent to manage intended and unintended outcomes.
Retired Midwives who will be providing COVID-19 vaccines in Island Health.
|5 hrs 30 mins|