BC Cancer Pharmacy - Breast Cancer
This module is designed for pharmacists who are new to oncology, or those wanting a basic review of breast cancer management.
- Describe the risk factors, screening, and diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Describe the basic pathology of breast cancer.
- Describe the role of local vs. systemic therapy in the overall management of breast cancer.
- Describe the general management of hormone-receptor positive, HER2-positive, and triple-negative early breast cancer.
- Describe patient- and disease-specific factors to consider in the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
- Describe the common toxicities associated with tamoxifen, aromatase inhibitors, anthracyclines, taxanes, cyclin-dependent kinases 4 and 6 (CDK4/6) inhibitors, and trastuzumab.
It is estimated that this topic will take 6 hours to complete.
|No end date|
Pharmacists and other health care professionals