Occupational Health and Safety for In-Charge Nurse/Clinician - VCH (online)
As an In-Charge Clinician, your responsibilities include the safety and well-being of employees under your direction. This includes a wide range of activities – from identifying and assessing hazards in the workplace to investigating incidents. The goal of this course is to familiarize you with your health & safety responsibilities and the various resources available to minimize workplace hazards and injuries.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to understand:
• The prevention activities to protect staff health and safety
• Recognize the importance of including health and safety aspects in point of care risk assessments to identify hazards and risks
• Respond to immediate hazards
• Respond to immediate injuries or incidents
• Respond to refusal of unsafe work
• Liaise with site leadership after hours, as required to
• Respond to WorkSafeBC visits for complaints or incidents
• Address safety items brought up by other employers or contractors
• Direct staff to appropriate information and/or resources in response to general health and safety inquiries
All VCH In-Charge Nurses/Clinicians
Prior to attending educational sessions, you must obtain approval from your manager or supervisor if attending on scheduled work time (or if you expect to be reimbursed if attending outside of work time). Thank you.