Advanced Emotional First Aid
"Advanced Emotional First Aid" is targeted at staff who have completed the prerequisite course "Emotional First Aid: Peer Support" and want a refresher on its goals and basic skills along with a significant amount of time spent in direct practice in order to refine and sharpen their skill base.
“Advanced Emotional First Aid” builds on the fundamental skills for providing peer support in crises and in the aftermath of trying situations. It explores situations which are both more complex and demanding of the peer support provider.
We will have several focii:
• Reaching out to connect with a person who might need emotional support,
• Dealing with someone’s resistance to your offer of assistance,
• Recognizing when to refer a person for further assistance and how to make that referral,
• Learning some simple skills in suicide intervention to use with someone at risk of attempting to take their own life,
• Multiple role-play opportunities to sharpen and refine your crisis intervention skills.
Fraser Health staff who have completed Emotional First Aid: Peer Support
|3 hrs 30 mins|
Fraser Health staff