Educator Pathway Level 1: Foundational Mentorship
Learn how to share your valuable expertise with colleagues and students – become a mentor! In Fraser Health, mentorship is viewed as a 1:1 learning partnership between experienced staff/employees and a new employee or student.
The learning intentions of this hands-on workshop include:
• Describe roles and responsibilities of mentors and learners within the learning relationship.
• Reflect on one’s own learning style with the intent to assist learners.
• Recognize how theory and learner-centered teaching strategies are used by mentors to facilitate learning.
• Apply principles of providing constructive feedback to foster effective learning relationships.
• Outline the process of identifying learning goals and developing learning plans in collaboration with learners.
• Apply strategies for critical thinking to foster the clinical decision making of learners.
• Develop respectful working relationships to foster effective learning environments.
• Identify strategies and resources for supporting the role transition of learners.
This 1-day workshop is for beginner or intermediate mentors who are new to the role or would like a refresher. All Fraser Health employees can attend.
Attendance is funded by Professional Practice. To register, a Cost Centre number is needed (usually from your supervisor) so funding can be transferred to help cover attendance or backfill costs.
Fraser Health Staff - All Professions
Prior to attending this workshop, you must obtain approval from your manager or supervisor. Cost Centre number is required to enable us to reimburse your manager for your attendance and/or backfill. (cost centre number can be obtained from your manager, program clerk or timekeeper)
Substitute registrants will not be accepted.
If you can not attend the course, please advise the course manager at least 48 hours prior
to the class start date.
Jan 8, 2018, 8am - 4pm
- SHORTT, JANET
Eagle Ridge Hospital
375 Guildford Way, Port Moody
Parklane Meeting Room
Feb 6, 2018, 8am - 4pm
- NIEDO, ENRICO
Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford Fraser 1, Learning Centre, Conference Room 3 A & B
Mar 7, 2018, 8am - 4pm
- NIEDO, ENRICO
Central City Office Tower
13450 102nd Avenue, 4th Floor, Suite 400, Surrey
Arbutus & Birch Conference Rooms
Apr 6, 2018, 8am - 4pm
Burnaby Hospital Lecture Room A & B
May 2, 2018, 8am - 4pm
Royal Columbian Hospital - Sherbrooke Lounge
Jun 5, 2018, 8am - 4pm
Eagle Ridge Hospital - Parklane Room
Jul 5, 2018, 8am - 4pm
Abbotsford Regional Hospital - Conference A&B
Aug 9, 2018, 8am - 4pm
Central City Tower, Surrey - Arbutus/Birch Rooms
Sep 14, 2018, 8am - 4pm
RCH - Sherbrooke Lounge
Oct 19, 2018, 8am - 4pm
ERH - Parklane Room
Nov 8, 2018, 8am - 4pm
ARH - Conference Room 3A and 3B
Dec 5, 2018, 8am - 4pm
Central City - Arbutus/Birch Rooms
Jan 24, 2019, 8am - 4pm
RCH _ Sherbrooke Lounge
Feb 14, 2019, 8am - 4pm
Burnaby Hospital - Lecture A&B
Mar 14, 2019, 8am - 4pm
Central City - Arbutus/Birch