FHA - Advance Care Planning Online Module
This course, developed by Fraser Health, is a basic introduction to Advance Care Planning: what it is; why it is important; when it should start; and who should be involved in the discussions. It is recommended for all health care professionals. The course consists of a series of slides and interactive activities and should take about 30 minutes to complete. There is a final quiz at the end of the course and the quiz result will be automatically recorded into your user history.
Upon course completion learners will be able to:
- Recall the definition of Advance Care Planning (ACP) and identify reasons why it is important to engage in the ACP processes.
- Identify the 5-step model of ACP for clients.
- Recognize the importance of educating clients about their health conditions and legal options regarding ACP.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of Substitute Decision Makers (SDMs).
- Understand how to use Fraser Health (FH) resources to effectively communicate with clients when discussing ACP.
- Identify how to use the FH ACP Record and Identification of Substitute Decision Maker (IDSDM) form.
All health care professionals