Assessment Room Course
This two-day workshop is designed to cover topics you will need to know in order to work in the BCWH Triage/Assessment Room.
The focus of the course is on safe practice through accurate documentation and hospital policy, as well as the skill of how to obtain a thorough history.
The facilitator, as well as many nursing and physician guest speakers will cover topics that include: triage roles and responsibilities, telephone triage, redirection, and many more.
Pre-Requisites include the following
- Completion of the BCWH Perinatal Course Application Form
- The following listed criteria:
- Has completed the High Risk Course
- Has preferably completed the BCWH OR/PAR Course
- Has cared for High Risk patients for 6-12 months and consolidated competencies according to the CAPE tool.
- Has preferably cared for OR/PAR patients for 6-12 months and consolidated competencies according to the CAPE tool.
- Has taken on a preceptorship for a longer period of time (i.e.: long student placement or new hire orientation).
- Required certifications and provider status up to date (NRP, CPR, FHS)
- Those with comparable experience at a comparable facility may take on this level sooner
Please email Karen Pike or Jody Nikkinen for more information.