Social Work Role & Responsibilities in Child Maltreatment Situations
This course is 2 full days. 7.5 hours each day for a total of 15 hours. Registrants must attend both sessions.
• Recognizing, understanding and assessment of Child Maltreatment
• Awareness of Risks/Liability as it pertains to child maltreatment situations.
• Understanding relevant legislation, FH policies & other FH procedures
• Consulting with MCFD and duty to reports
• Medical neglect/disability & abuse/surrogacy & adoption, Shaken Baby Syndrome, etc
• Documentation standards
• Various ways to engage with clients/families and exploring strengths
• Cultural and religious considerations
Social Workers & Social Work students
Prior to attending educational sessions, you must obtain approval from your manager or supervisor if attending on scheduled work time (or if you expect to be reimbursed if attending outside of work time). Download this form, have it signed and then keep it for your records. Thank you.